We’re looking for a Software Development Manager to lead, develop and manage a growing team of software developers and system testers, supporting them in building industry-leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose.
You’ll be able to develop, plan and implement a strategy for the team to meet the company’s goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally. The successful candidate will be responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in line with the company strategy.
We are looking for an individual that can create and maintain a professional and driven culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are proud of delivering excellence and quality. You will represent r2c Online within the industry as an authority on SaaS based web development by contributing to internal and external websites, publications, forums and events as required.
- Team leadership, strategy and planning
- Software development
- Communication and problem solving
- Technical support
- Company best practice
- Innovation, research and development
Key Skills and Experience:
- Team lead/Manager experience
- Experience of directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and communications
- Results-oriented, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, databases (Microsoft SQL Server) and enterprise software applications
- Background in Microsoft .NET, MVC, C#, HTML and jquery
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Working with source control systems (VSTS)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and as part of a team, in a high pressure on-call environment
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field or a combination of related experience and education
The successful candidate will be looking for an opportunity to build a career in an entrepreneurial-led company, which is growing quickly and has ambitious long-term plans.